-

10 January 2015

Homemade Marshmallows~ Fun Treat and Gift

Friday is usually my least busy day, last Friday I had just enough time to whip these up!


We are packaging some up for a couple of friends and enjoying the rest. They are SO much better than store bought! This particular recipe doesn't use corn syrup, that was a plus for me!

I found the complete recipe here
Pretty basic ingredients
Water
3 Packets of Gelatin
Sugar
Evaporated Milk
Vanilla
Powdered Sugar
Corn Starch


I did add something, it really makes all the difference! This 1 little ingredient makes them so whimsical and perfect!
Edible Glitter! If only the pictures showed all the sparkle!
You can see a little but not nearly as much as in real life!
These would be perfect at a princess of FROZEN party! 

 *Olaf Approved Snow Bricks

We just packed some in a mason jar, perfect for your hair lady, neighbor, get well soon, etc. Easy and homemade and who doesn't love marshmallows?!
You can alter the flavor by swapping vanilla for other flavors. I wanted basic vanilla this time.
You can add some food coloring into the first step for colored marshmallows too!
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried to make homemade marshmallows before but I definitely will now. The kids would love to take them for camping trips. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete