-

17 February 2014

Shabby Country Fair 7th Birthday Party

Sharing the pictures I was able to get before my battery died of our girly's 7th birthday!
I wanted to go with a Shabby Country Fair Theme. Not carnival, but old fashioned fun!

I got these lights for a steal at Target on clearance a couple years ago, I knew I needed them for this party. 

I made this pinata, was hoping it would look like cotton candy!
Used some buffalo snow and spray food coloring. Both purchased on clearance!





Love love love the easy to make and inexpensive doily banners!


I started collecting paper and flowers that would go with what I had pictured a couple years ago! These little paper flowers were just right!

Pink Caramel Corn

Pie Fries, just pie crust, sugar and cinnamon and some edible glitter

Mini Pie Pops and cotton candy cookies


Ferris Wheel! I stalked this thing on Amazon for well over a year, just waiting for a deal!


Party Hats, with added pretties!



Cake, and favors to go!


We used the little plastic eggs for a egg race, on a spoon. Girls are cute!


















We had a ring toss, so the girls could get a drink.
I used an old fashioned bottle crate, some of the cute drinks from World Market and some clearance glittler bracelets for rings!

Winner Winner!







Then we played BINGO. Bingo was always one of my favorite parts of our little county fair growing up!
Used little rhinestones as markers.



Then we made lipgloss! I think this was the favorite part!

We used little jars like this, and fabric to decorate the top.
For the lip gloss we used coconut oil, kool-aid and edible shimmer dust or edible glitter!

My sweet girly got a diary (she loves) for her birthday, and I don't think her friends were gone 5 minutes before she had this written down 

That sure makes all the insanity (and sometimes expensive) parts of birthday weekend worth it!

Next year.. I have NO IDEA. This is the first year that I don't already know what birthday's will be next year. I am hoping we can convince them to do a weekend birthday trip somewhere, the coast or something that requires less planning and less hot glue :)


My friend Michelle is amazing! She is super with a camera, even on a phone. I totally stole this from her instagram!

You can see the mini jam jars a little better in the center pic,
and the ring toss pop bottles!










No comments:

Post a Comment