-

02 May 2011

Better

I said the other day how I was SO behind on housework, well I still am a little but by the end of the week I will be caught up! (thank goodness)
I love that my Home Management Binder can help me get back on track in 1 week (or less) Having designated things to do each day of the week really helps me make sure nothing gets skipped and nothing ever really gets too dirty that it takes more than a few minutes!  Laundry has been a total pain lately, the kids dressers are over full because we have crazy weather, 70 one day freezing overnight! I am ready to pack all the sweaters away already!!

Meal planning

I usually stock up when there are things on sale that I know we will use. And this week that is coming in handy. I went grocery shopping but didn't take a list because I hadn't planned anything, that was a week and a half ago. Luckily I hadn't been slacking for too long and we still have plenty of groceries for the week and I don't have to go to the grocery store again!  If I do this right we shouldn't have any reason to be eating out at all this entire week!  Our weekday meals have got to be easy and not time consuming! Between T-ball and dance class we have 1 free night a week. So those other 4 nights can get really hectic if I don't have a plan and most of the work done ahead of time!  Things like browning all of the ground turkey at once (and then freezing it in meal size bags) saves a ton of time later on, and we can buy the big packages and get a better deal per pound! 
If things are on track we have a few bags of hamburger, turkey and chicken breast already cooked in the freezer all the time. I have a daily plan in my HMB and one of the first things is to check the meal plan and see if I need to thaw anything.
The crock pot is another thing we use a lot, not as much in the spring and summer but fall and winter it is easily a every other day thing!  Once the weather is a little more reliable we grill pretty much everything!

I haven't gotten into Once A Month Cooking, but I can imagine I will have to soon! Right now we have 1 in school and 2 in activities, next year it will be even worse (worse as in busy, glad they enjoy doing stuff though!) OAMC info here.

I did get all the Spring/Easter stuff put away and everything dusted today. I am not putting anything else out until I am caught up on house work, that is good motivation for me since it's pretty empty without it!  But I did get something new in the mail the other day and it needed a place to be until I get the next bins out.  So I cheated a little!

I have a weakness for old pictures! No idea who any of these people are since I bought the pictures! But I love them. I love the way they look, how they feel,  and the sweet stories our older kids make up about the people in the pictures!



2 comments:

  1. I just awarded you The Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out at http://wayneandjessi.blogspot.com/2011/05/yay-new-award.html ! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I also just awarded you the Versatile Blogger award!! Popular girl today!! :). You can pick mine up at

    http://heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com/2011/04/im-awarding-15-new-to-me-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete