-

25 September 2010

Red Wagon Themed Birthday Party!

ok, I didnt take ANY pictures of the actual party.. but thankfully lots of other people did... so for now, I am sharing the before party pictures!

First are these wagon wheels aka whoopie pies! Seems like they are starting to be popular!. I only went with them because they are round and the colors were right!

And of course, I used as many little wagons as I could get my hands on!

I made the little water bottle wrappers and got the toddler "wheels" cause they were wheels!
I was trying to stick with the same colors, yay for apples.. with caramel.. YUM!


Chips and RED salsa, a tiny tiny little wagon with matching MnM's and the pinwheels and lollipops were favors

I had some leftover sugar cookie dough.. decided to make some little cookies.. I am no frosting pro.. but they kind of look like wagons, and in a wagon!



 And here is Finnley's cake! I didn't think I could frost a wagon well enough, so I used a cookie instead!




And these are the cookie favors! At first I felt bad spending so much on the cookie cutter ( do you know how HARD it was to find a wagon cookie cutter)  But these turned out SO cute and in the end it was totally worth it!
I made the bag tags to match too!


And I forgot to take pics of the cupcakes. but grass frosting on some and some were white, used the cute cupcake pics I made a while ago!

I was SO SO bummed about his party clothes.. usually in Oregon it is NOT 80 degrees the end of Sept. I was pretty sure we would have a cloudy and 60's kind of day. So when I searched ebay for this
I KNEW he needed it!! And it would look SO cute on him.. too bad sweat isn't a good look on babies! But now we have this cute little sweater that should get lots of wear this fall!

That's all I have for today but there should be some real party pics soon! 
And who is ready for Halloween? I am working on it now that the party is over!  Maybe I can start sharing this week!

8 comments:

  1. Such cute ideas! Great job! I love how the round sugar cookies turned out, great idea all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did an awesome job! I love the cookies! and the whoopie pies look so adorable in the wagon!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ABSOLUTELY love this theme! Everything is darling, and I want a wagon cookie cutter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute party...good job!! I have to say, those mini wagons are sooo cute (the whoopie pies looked yummy too!)!
    I know what you mean about the cookie cutter...I have a few for upcoming parties I've been watching on Amazon & they are crazy-spendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an interesting look-see and you made for an amazingly treated and decorated party!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I'm going to borrow your wagon cookie cutter idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get the little wagons? Party is ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg!!! I saw a red wagon in the store and fell in love! My son will be one in a few months and I saw a few ideas online and I wanted to use my cricut machine but I don't know which cartridge to buy!!! Help me please!!!!

    ReplyDelete